Six people injured in a gas explosion on Detroit’s west side on January 4 were hospitalized for treatment of burn injuries and smoke inhalation. A dog now named Miracle was also injured in the blast but survived with a broken pelvis after being trapped under the rubble for almost an hour.
This poor dog, renamed “Miracle,” survived a home explosion in Detroit last night! She broke part of her pelvis, but is expected to make a full recovery. What’s next for the pooch? See at 11p on @Local4News pic.twitter.com/nGzW0Lab1v
— VICTOR WILLIAMS (@NewsWithVictor) January 5, 2020
The people who were injured in the blast are all in their 20s and 30s. Officials have not provided an update on the status of their injuries.
After the explosion, which occurred around 7:20 p.m. destroying the house located in the 14400 block of Evergreen near Lyndon Street, DTE Energy shut off gas lines to the area. Officials conducting an investigation later determined that the source of the blast was natural gas.
This marks the second time in six months that a natural gas explosion has occurred in Detroit. In August 2019, a blast on the city’s east side destroyed one home and damaged two others but no injuries were reported.
The explosion lawyers at Pritzker Hageman represent people nationwide who have been injured in explosions. If you would like a free consultation with our Explosions Team, call us at 1-888-377-8900, text us at 612-261-0856 or, complete the form below.