Four Injured in Hibbing House Explosion, Fire

Four members of the Stanina family were injured in a February 8 house explosion and fire near Hibbing, MN. Emergency crews were called to 15204 County Road 540 in Nashuak around 8:30 p.m.

When the explosion and fire occurred, five members of the Stanina family were inside the home: Rob, 39, Tabby, 37, Dominik, 14, Temperance, 12, and Devon, 4. They made it out of the house and to neighbor’s home where the emergency call was made.

All five family members were transported to Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital in Grand Rapids where doctors determined Temperance had no burn injuries and did not require hospitalization. The four other family members, who had suffered severe burns, were transferred to Hennepin Healthcare, formerly HCMC, in Minneapolis

Explosion Lawsuit Information

Investigators are still working to determine the source of the explosion and fire. Natural gas and propane leaks are often identified as the cause of explosions. If it is shown that the gas company, an appliance installer, or a repairperson is responsible for the leak, a lawsuit can be filed. Our propane gas explosion lawyers conduct independent investigations to determine who is responsible for the explosion. Our explosion attorneys represent people who have been injured in explosions and the families of those who have suffered the wrongful death of a loved one. For a free consultation with our experienced Explosion Team, please call 1-888-377-8900, text 612-261-0865, or complete the form below.

Hibbing house explosion