An explosion caused by a suspected gas line leak injured 23 people at a shopping mall in Plantation, FL on Saturday. The blast took place before 11:30 AM at a vacant PizzaFire restaurant, located next door to an LA Fitness. Two people were taken to Broward Health Medical Center for treatment of serious injuries, one in the trauma center and another in the pediatric emergency room. Plantation General Hospital and Westside Regional Medical Center treated other patients, who have since been released. The remaining victims were treated and released at the scene.
Fire crews say that a ruptured gas line caused the explosion. Just moments before the blast, a cook from a nearby restaurant called TECO Peoples Gas company after smelling gas. Local business owners say that the area has seen gas issues before. A pediatric dentist told Local 10 News that her office was evacuated about six months ago due to gas leaks in the area.
Nationally-Recognized Explosion Lawyers
Our explosion lawyers have represented people injured in nearly every type of explosion. Recently, we obtained a significant recovery for a family who lost a loved one in a natural gas explosion. For a free legal consultation, fill out the form below, call 1-888-377-8900, or text 612-261-0856.