Gas Leak Causes Manatee County House Explosion, 3 Injured

Three people in Manatee County, FL were injured in a house explosion that occurred yesterday as crews worked to repair a gas leak. Firefighters had been working for hours with aTampa Electric Company (TECO) to repair a gas leak in the 2900 block of 9th Street West when the blast occurred around 2:00 p.m. ripping the roof off of the house.  A man and his son who were inside the home sustained severe burn injuries in the fire that followed the explosion.  A firefighter was was also injured.

A video shot by SkyFOX shows the charred remains of the home.

TECO located and stopped the gas leak and firefighters put out the fire and evacuated nearby buildings.  Florida Power and Light cut power to the area because of a gas buildup in the sewer lines, according to Fox13 News.

An investigation is underway to determine the source of the gas leak.

The explosion attorneys at Pritzker Hageman represent people all over the country who have been injured in explosions and families who have suffered the wrongful death of a loved one. They have secured multiple settlements of more than $20 million for their clients. For a free consultation with our experienced Explosion Team, please call  1-888-377-8900, text 612-261-0856, or complete the form below.

Explosion Attorney - Side of a fire truck