Oklahoma Man Dies in House Explosion, Granddaughter Injured

house explosion lawsuit

A house explosion caused by a gas leak last Thursday has left an Oklahoma man dead and his granddaughter seriously injured. Don Osteen and his three-year-old granddaughter Paetyn were eating lunch at their home in Maud when the explosion happened. Family says that Don, while suffering from serious burn injuries of his own, shielded Paetyn from the fire. He carried her a quarter-of-a-mile to safety, where a helicopter airlifted them to the Integris Baptist Burn Unit. Officials say that Paetyn is in stable condition with burns on 30% of her body. After suffering burns on 70% of his body, Don died in the hospital on Monday. Fire officials say that a gas leak, possibly propane, caused the explosion that leveled the house in Maud.

Our award-winning fire and explosion lawyers help burn victims and families who suffered the wrongful death of a loved one. We have won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. Recently, we obtained a $5.1 million recovery on behalf of an Oklahoma man with an amputation injury. For a free legal consultation, please fill out the form below, call 1-888-377-8900, or text 612-261-0856.