Propane Leak Was Source of Deadly Richmond, NY House Explosion

A propane leak inside a Richmond, NY home was the source of a September 24 explosion that killed Eric Higham, 80, and Gail Higham, 70, fire officials have determined.  The blast, which occurred around 4:30 a.m., leveled the home located at 8116 Quayle Road while the married couple was asleep inside. An enormous fire followed the explosion engulfing the rubble.

Fire investigators have not yet determined what ignited the gas.

“Often when there is a propane leak on the interior of a home, an improperly installed appliance is to blame,” said explosion lawyers Fred Pritzker, who along with his partner Eric Hageman, recently recovered $45 million for a client who was seriously injured in an explosion.

If you have suffered the wrongful death of a loved one or your family needs help in the wake of an explosion, call us for a consultation. It’s free and there is no obligation. Our toll-free number is 1 (888) 377-8900. If you prefer, you can send a text to 612-261-0856, or complete the form below.

Explosion lawyer Silhouette of two firefighters extinguishing a big fire with a water hose at night