One person died in a Tyrone, Pa. house explosion that left five others hospitalized with burn injuries. The deadly explosion happened around 1 p.m. on Monday. PNG was already at the scene on the 1300 block of Pennsylvania Avenue after receiving reports of gas odor at the house that exploded. The flames spread to two other nearby homes. In the aftermath of the explosion, one person was found dead inside the structure that exploded. Five other people were injured, including a PNG worker. Three survivors were taken to UPMC Altoona and two others to Penn Highlands Tyrone. Two of the survivors were later transported to Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh.
Our team of explosion burn lawyers at Pritzker Hageman is one of the few in the country with experience representing burn survivors and their families. We have represented dozens of gas explosion clients across the country, including Pennsylvania. In one recent case, we won a $45 million recovery for a Pennsylvania family whose husband/father was seriously burned when their home exploded in a gas explosion. Our lawyers have appeared on CBS News to talk about the ongoing problem of gas leaks and house explosions.