Schooners Lobster Fest Propane Explosion Injures 4 in Panama Beach, FL

A propane explosion at Schooners restaurant in Panama Beach, FL injured four people who were attending Lobster Fest on October 20. The Bay County Sheriff’s office said a faulty propane tank valve was the cause of the explosion, according to a report in the Panama City News Herald.  Gas that leaked from the tank was ignited by Sterno flames being used to warm food on nearby tables.

Among the injured were:  a 61-year-old woman from Lake Ozark, MO who was unconscious and face down in the sand when emergency responders arrived on the scene; a 57-year-old woman from Westville, FL who suffered burns to her face and arms,  a 70-year-old man from Lynn Haven, FL and a 23-year-old Panama City woman, according to the paper.

The explosion attorneys at Pritzker Hageman represent clients nationwide. If you have been injured,  contact our experienced Explosion Team, use the form below or call us toll-free at 1 (888) 377-8900.

Ambulance on the road