A propane leak is the suspected source of a house explosion in Wheaton, WI yesterday that left two people dead. Dale Lambert, 66, was pronounced dead at the scene. Belinda Wedemeyer, 68, was transported from the scene to an Eau Claire hospital where she later died of her injuries.
Residents miles away from the house that was located on 10th Avenue reported hearing the explosion and feeling the quake. The blast completely destroyed the home, the propane tank appears to be the only thing on the property that remains intact.
Debris from the explosion was scattered as far as 100 yards from the house. A sofa launched 25 feet in the air came to rest in the upper branches of a tree.
The explosion attorneys at Pritzker Hageman are licensed in Wisconsin and have represented clients nationwide who have been injured in explosions and families who have suffered the wrongful death of a loved one. In a recent case, we recovered $10 million for a client injured when a residential propane leak caused a house to explode. If you or a loved one has been injured in an explosion and would like a free consultation with our experienced team, please call 1-888-377-8900, text 612-261-0856, or complete the form below.