Two people were injured at the Little America Hotel in Salt Lake City on May 4 when a boiler exploded while maintenance was being performed. Both of them were admitted to the burn unit of an area hospital for treatment of their injuries.
Salt Lake Fire Capt. Tony Stowe told local media that it appeared an over-pressurization problem occurred while the two people were working on the boiler. No one else was hurt because the building, located on Main Street, had been cleared before maintenance began.
Hazmat crews were dispatched to the scene because a natural gas line damaged in the explosion was leaking gas.
The explosion attorneys at Pritzker Hageman represent people who have been injured in explosions. To request a free consultation with our Explosions Team, please call 1-888-377-8900, text 612-261-0856 or, complete the form below.