Shawano County House Explosion Kills Third Man

A third man has now died in the Shawano County, WI house explosion that happened a month ago. Daniel Young (62) died from explosion injuries last Thursday at the UW Hospital in Madison, WI. The September 23rd explosion at a home in Grant, WI  claimed two other lives, Steve Verg (62) and Michael Suehring (64). The condition of a fourth man who was seriously injured is unknown at this time. The four men were working on a project for the Caroline Lions Club’s annual fundraiser when the house exploded. Fire officials say that a propane leak or malfunction caused the explosion.


Can I Sue for a Propane Explosion?

If there is sufficient evidence that links the explosion to the negligence of a third party, then yes, you can sue. The propane company that filled the tank before the explosion is often the responsible party in propane explosion cases. If an appliance was involved, your family may be able to sue a manufacturer, installer, or service company. Our award-winning fire and explosion attorneys represent burn victims and families who suffered the wrongful death of a loved one. We have won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. Recently, our lawyers won a significant recovery for the family of a woman who died in a gas explosion. For a free, no-obligation consultation with an explosion lawyer, fill out the form below, call 1-888-377-8900, or text 612-261-0856.