Ambulance on the road

Two men were seriously injured after a house explosion in Roswell, Georgia on Tuesday, June 12, 2018. Their rental house on Pine Grove Pointe Drive was destroyed. A third man received minor injuries, so he was not admitted to the hospital.

The men are in the intensive care unit at Grady Memorial Hospital with second and third-degree burns.

A GoFundMe page has been established to help these young men. They have been identified as Win Reid, Brendan Morton, and Pat Simmons. The GoFundMe description states that Simmons and Morton have critical burns over 50% of their bodies.

Channel 2 Action News states that the men had just moved into the home on June 9, 2018. The washing machine smelled like mold and one of the men lit a candle and the explosion occurred.

Why Did No One Smell Gas Before This House Explosion?

A gas leak could possibly have caused this explosion. There are many ways that gas can leak into a home.

Propane and natural gas are odorless, so an odorant is always added so people can tell when a leak has occurred. Unfortunately, sometimes that odorant fades, or the smell may be masked by other odors in the area.

One way that odor fades is called adsorption, which happens when a layer of gas molecules adhere to a solid surface. New pipe installations can be affected by adsorption. For that reason, newly installed pipe usually requires conditioning to prevent odor fade before it is installed.

Little or no gas flow over a long period of time can also result in odor fade. And finally, if the gas leaks from a buried natural gas line, the odor can be oxidized or adsorbed as the gas passes through the soil or fresh concrete.

The lawyers at Pritzker Hageman have represented many clients who have been seriously injured in natural gas and propane explosions and have won millions for their clients. Call them at 1-888-377-8900 to talk about your case. The call is free and confidential, and there is no obligation.

Source

Petchenik, Mike, and Moore, Darryn. “2 young men in ICU after house explosion in Roswell.” WSB-TV, June 13, 2018.

House Explosion
Call Fred Pritkzer and Eric Hageman at 1-888-377-8900 to talk about your case.
0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply